Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rainbows and Sickness

This might sound weird, but those two words went together in the house I grew up in. Here's why:

When my siblings and I were little, we had a rainbow afghan that we would use on sick days, when we just wanted to lay on the couch and watch tv. This blanket came to be known as the "sick blanket", and that would be the only time we would use it.

A couple months ago my sister, who now lives in Montana (we grew up in California), told me how much she missed having a sick blanket, and how much she wanted one for her house. So I decided that we all would have one for our own this year, and I'm going to make them!

The original one is a knitted blanket, but I don't know how to knit, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I have two sisters and one brother, plus me, so that's four blankets that I need to finish before Christmas this year, so I can give them as gifts (except for mine, I don't care when I finish mine).

I found a Red Heart yarn that is pretty similar to the original blanket (I think) and ordered a bunch from JoAnn, and they arrived this last weekend! I'm going to get started soon, and I'll update on my progress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment